July 22, 2008

Taking a different route.

You said "I'm not talking to you!" and when I replied "I'm sorry, I must have misread your mouth pointing at my face while sound was spilling from your lips." you simply raised one eyebrow- the left I think- and pursed your lips together and turned around- facing west I'm almost sure- leaving me stranded in the corner- completely out of the social loop, once again- trying my best not to appear as though I've just been left stranded in the corner- completely out of the social loop, once again.

And as I lingered there for what must have been about 20 seconds in silence, it hit me. You are the worst friend I've ever had, and as of last night, we are ex-friends.

And when I woke this morning, feeling betrayed for the umpteenth time, I decided I should take a different route this time.

This time I will keep you. I will keep you near, and dear, to my once warm but now bitter and cold heart, and I will use you. I will use you in all the ways you have used me. This time I will purse my lips. This time I will raise my eyebrow- the left one even.

This time you will linger in your corner, out of this loop.

No comments: