September 16, 2008

The Facebooktubespacelist Virus

All this texting.. this facebook.. this myspace.. blogging.. googling.. hotmail.. yahoo.. gmail.. youtube.. itunes... All this nonsense. This makes no sense. I have lost my senses. When will I come to my senses?

I feel as though I have become devoured, taken over, owned, if you will, by all this nonsense.

Why do I feel the need to know what everyone is doing all the time? All the time. Five, six times a day. Sometimes compulsively every hour. Why am I glued to this chair? Why are my fingers always clenching my cell phone? Why am I always checking, then rechecking, then refreshing? Why is everyone else doing the same EXACT thing? All day long every day?

What happened to phone calls? I never talk to anyone anymore. I don't remember what my closest friends voices sound like unless I'm physically in front of them. I forgot what I used to do with the 4 hours, at least, spent in front of this very screen. I forgot what it was like to not know. Everything. Anything. Everyone. I can't think of a single soul I haven't searched or myspaced or facebooked or texted or IM'd- not a single soul I've ever met has gone unsearched. I have thought of every person I have ever known and then facebook searched them. Added them. But really do I ever even talk to them? No. Some yes but the majority no. So why must I add them to my little rapidly growing list. I look at these lists sometimes. My facebook friends. My myspace friends. My buddy list. I ask myself "Out of all these people, who do I REALLY want to talk to or be friends with?" and most of the time its less than 10 people. Seriously. What's the point of all this? Is it status? Is it just like high school? Yes. It really is. This facebook thing.. whats everyone doing where are they now how ugly have they gotten who has how many babies whos married whos divorced whos in prison who died who changed for better who changed for worse. Its like a high school reunion ALL DAY EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I wish now that I could go back and really think about who I add, because it would be rude and silly of me to delete them now. I can't say "nah, I changed my mind.. dont really wanna be ur facebook friend anymore." but why lie? why pretend i even care what someone i went to nursery school with is doing with their life? its fun to hear that once in a while "oh wow thats neat. good to see he/she is doing well" and thats it. thats all i need. thats all anyone needs.

the point is, there are some people u just don't really need to know anymore. and some people u can say "ok, yea. this person i'd like to keep in contact with." and that's it.

why am i afraid to have only 30 friends maybe on my list. why do i look at my list and say 85 is not nearly enough. most of these people have at least 100 if not 3 or 400. its silly really. but i suppose they are the ones who lie. to themselves really. cus how can anyone really have that many honest friends? they can't. ever.

i am seriously entertaining the idea of just doing a facebook/myspace/buddylist cleanup. thorough. just buh-bye. nice to know ya. dont really need ya. maybe we'll run into eachother at the supermarket. that would be super. say hi to your mom for me. merry christmas. happy holidays. cheers to your life.

That's all i got for now. time for bed- but i gotta check my facebook first to see if anyone changed their moods or added a new friend i possibly overlooked myself.

No comments: