February 1, 2010

disneyland

Disneyland. Ha. What a crock. It all seems so fuzzy to me now, my memories of that hot and sticky place. I don't remember much- just a few things like the humidity, the sun burning our poor New England pale-asses, the food court where we ate hot dogs and sat at the disgusting plastic picnic benches that are attached to the tables- the hundred or so of them crammed under that one giant roof- there was a sweet smell of ketchup lingering, and flies and bees buzzing around every open garbage can- the sides of the building were open all the way around, and on the outside edges of the roof were tiny sprinklers every 20 feet or so- they sprayed a very fine cool mist of sewer water I'm guessing, with the nozzle positioned at an angle that would be sure to hit the 3 or so of the lucky tourists passing by- this was not nearly enough to cool anyone off- by the time the water spritzed out of that tiny nozzle and those teeny pinholes, it would be warm nearing hot and instead of refresh it would simply disgust. I also remember getting the beast from Beauty and the Beast's autograph AND pic. Sweet. I think I also got the ninja turtles signatures but who gives? Not that I was particularly fond of that Beauty and the Beast movie tho- I think I've seen it once to be honest. I'm more of a Cinderella girl- well, not literally, but you know. Anyway, Disneyland was a bust, for me anyway. I hate the humidity, I hate large groups of human beings- like swarms of them, flocks- and I hate sticky things, like door handles and ride seats and safety bars battered with gum and boogers of small fearful children. I do however remember spending quite a substantial amount of time on that ride that is just these swings all lined up like on a carousel, and it spins and all the swings go way out and around and around, and you just let your legs dangle. I remember that one- my favorite. I also remember a horrific experience going through the It's A Small World ride. Too many robotic dolls and wooden eyes and raggedy ann type stuff. Not for me.

No comments: